Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Who Stole My Sprinkler Thingy?

Yeah, you read that right.  My sprinkler "thingy" is gone.  Count this as an "unexpected"surprise for home ownership.

The technical term for the "thingy" that I'm referring to, is an "RPZ Valve."  It is a device that regulates water flow in an automated sprinkler system.

Some of them look like this:

When you come to MY house, it looks like this:


Notice anything missing where that red line is?  Me too.  I thought that I could just hop online and buy one and screw it in.  Turns out, its a fairly sensitive piece of plumbing equipment.  On top of that, it costs me about $100 / year to have it "tested" to comply with Village regulations!

In total, part, labor to install, and inspect (seems silly that an inspection is required on TOP of installation, but thems the breaks), is going to be an unexpected setback of about a grand!

No comments:

Post a Comment